Redmi Devices are always best for their MIUI experience. Latest MIUI9 have been rolled out officially and many of the Redmi Devices have got the update directly in the updater app. How to install MIUI9
In this guide, I will teach you how to install MIUI 9 in Redmi Note 4 and Redmi 3S/Prime.
How to Install MIUI9 in Redmi Note 4
Redmi Note 4 have got its stable ROM of miui9 so you can install it by:
- Open your menu or app drawer.
- Open updater app
- Click on check updates
- Click on download MIUI 9.0 update
- After successful download, click on update button
- Wait for 10 Minutes, and after the reboot. You are on the latest MIUI9
Caution : Make sure your battery is above 50% and don’t touch any of the buttons once the update starts.
How to install MIUI9 in Redmi 3S/Prime
Since the Stable ROM will be coming in December but its developer ROM is still out and can be downloaded easily.
So , there are 2 different ways of installing the MIUI9 Developer Rom in Redmi 3s/prime.
- By updater App
- By Fastboot update.
If you are currently on a Developer Rom, then follow the 1st Method:
- Download the developer ROM from here.
- Copy those files to the ‘downloaded_rom’ in the root of your phone’s directory.
- Open the updater app and click on choose update file
- Choose the MIUI 9 File and wait for 10 mins to update.
- You are done 🙂
If you are on a stable rom and you want to update to a MIUI 9 Developer Rom.
- Firstly, You have to unlock your phone. follow this guide.
- Now you have to download fastboot for your device from here
- Download the MIUI Flashing tool from here
Now follow the steps given below to install the ROM:
- Extract the files of MIUI flashing tool and install it
- Extract the files of fastboot ROM into any folder and copy the location of that folder.
- Turn off the device. Press the Volume– key and the Power button at the same time to enter Fastboot mode. Then connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable
- Now open MiFlash App
- Click on Refresh
- Paste the location URL of the Fastboot ROM in the URL box left to the Refresh button.
- Click on flash.
- Wait till the success signal appears.
- Now the device will automatically reboot to latest version MIUI9.
Caution : This is a developer ROM so it may contain bugs and may not be stable enough. Also, this method is slightly risky so do everything at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage to any of your devices.
Your comments and suggestions are welcome in the comment section below. If you have any doubts regarding the article, please ask in the comment section or directly mail me at : this email